WHAM stands for Whole Health Action Management. In the WHAM support group, you explore all ten of your personal Health and Resiliency Factors:
- Stress Management
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activity
- Restful Sleep
- Service to Others
- Support Network
- Optimism Based on Positive Expectations
- Cognitive Beliefs and Practices
- Spiritual Beliefs and Practices
- A Sense of Meaning and Purpose
Why Join WHAM?
As a member of the WHAM support group, you will discover your strongest health and resiliency factors. But it doesn’t stop there! You then go forward to identify one specific health improvement goal you would most enjoy accomplishing. The whole group commits to helping you achieve your goal in 8 weeks! Each group member is given the following 5 Keys to Success:
- A Person-Centered Goal
- A Weekly Action Plan
- A Daily/Weekly Personal Log
- One-to-One Peer Support
- A Weekly WHAM Peer Support Group
When Do We WHAM?
If interested, contact Empowerment Academy at 716-884-5216, ext. 498.