What is Coordinated Entry?
Coordinated Entry Assessment Project is meant to streamline the process for targeting housing for individuals and families who are homeless in Erie County.
Coordinated Entry uses the HUD definition of homelessness. A “Literally homeless person” is someone:
- Living in in a place not meant for human habitation, or
- Living in emergency shelter (including domestic violence shelter), or
- Living in transitional housing for homeless persons, with an imminent exit date, or
- Exiting an institution where they temporarily resided for up to 90 days (and were in a shelter or a place not meant for human habitation immediately prior to entering that institution)
Why Coordinated Entry?
In the Coordinated Entry system, households experiencing homelessness can expect:
- To be treated with respect and dignity.
- Equal access to information and advice about housing assistance for which they are eligible in order to assist them in making informed choices.
- Receive integrated services through all of the participating agencies and programs.
- Referral based on their priority status to an opening in a program. For Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) qualified programs, assistance will be provided to obtain any additional needed documentation for program eligibility.
The Coordinated Entry Assessment project, however, is not a housing program or a guarantee of shelter or housing.
Coordinated Entry Locations
- The Community HUB location in this Continuum of Care is the Harbor House Resource Center at 241 Genesee St in the City of Buffalo. This location can be contacted at 716-842-4184 ext. 131.
- The Coordinated Entry HUB will be open as follows: Saturday and Sunday 9:00PM – 7:00AM and Monday through Friday 9:00PM to 3:00PM
- A Resource Room is located in the basement of the Buffalo and Erie County Library Central location at 1 Lafayette Square, Buffalo , NY 14203. This location can be contacted at 716-367-8188.
The Library Resource Room will be open Monday through Friday 8:30AM to 4:30PM
Manager Jacob Hoffman: Office: 716-832-2141 ext. 224 or Cell: (716) 208-3748
To find out more about Coordinated Entry please click on the link above