Peer Mentor (part-time)
Don't miss this entry-level, part-time (10-19 hours/week) position working for one of WNY's best Peer Operated Agencies! As a Restoration Society (RSI) Peer Mentor, you will share the hope of mental health recovery with adults who are living in community mental health residential programs in Western New York.
Essential duties include: Developing positive relationships with residents, staff and facility liaisons; Supporting customers to identify their dreams, goals and aspirations; Assisting individuals to successfully connect with specific community programs and services in support of their self-identified goals (which may include accompanying individuals into the community using public transportation); Facilitating 1-on-1 and group activities to support achievement of recovery goals; Measuring progress toward stated goals; Communicating effectively with RSI staff and supervisors.
- Current or former recipient of mental health services.
- High School diploma or minimum GED or equivalent.
- Relevant work, volunteer, education, training and/or life experiences.
- Dependable and reliable transportation (car or monthly bus pass).
- Must pass Office of Mental Health (OMH) background check as a condition of hire.
Special Position Requirements:
Academy of Peer Services Peer Specialist Certification (NYCPS or NYCPS-P) preferred. If not already certified, selected candidates will be asked to complete relevant coursework and application within 6 months of hire.
Please submit cover letter and resume to: